Hourly Staff Positions
Hourly Staff Positions
Thank you for your interest in our open Staff Positions. Manhattanville College is an equal opportunity employer. Please direct all applications and inquiries to:
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
This position provides administrative support primarily to the Associate Vice President of Athletics & Recreation and secondarily to the Assistant Directors. This position also provides support to the athletic department staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate Vice President of Athletics in the day-to-day administrative functions
- Act as support to the Athletic Department staff in an administrative capacity
- Facilitate all functions of the Graduate Assistants including, but not limited to tuition remission, housing assignments and coordinating their “other duties” within the Department of Athletics
- Manage the fleet of recruiting cars including distribution of keys, collection of keys, tracking mileage, oil changes and inspections as well as any other maintenance that may be needed
- Maintain calendar for Associate Vice President
- Maintain files for Athletic Department
- Serve as point of initial contact for students and visitors to the Athletic Department
- Coordinate all meal passes and necessary paperwork for all recruit visits
- Schedule and set up interviews for open positions
- Create and maintain databases
- Responsible for sending thank you gifts to donors or gifts for milestones of friends and alumni (i.e. birth of child)
- Purchase supplies for the department and monitor distribution of supplies to the office staff
- Act as liaison between department and facilities for all work order requests in Kennedy
- Handle all department meeting schedules, agendas and minutes
- Act as the liaison between college staff and the department of athletics for special events, including, but not limited to Alumni Events, Fundraising Events, SAAC Meetings, Town Halls, Hall of Fame, Senior Brunch, and Annual Banquet
- Make hotel and air travel arrangements for Associate Vice President, Assistant Athletic Directors, visiting recruits and candidates for employment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Access
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and customer service skills
- Flexible schedule – ability to work evenings and/or weekends
The annual salary for this position is $45,500. The schedule is full-time and 35 hours a week.
Manhattanville College also offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including tuition remission. For more information regarding benefits, please visit our benefits page: Manhattanville Benefits
For consideration, send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.