Professional Tennis Management
Professional Tennis Management Certificate Program Overview
Become a leader in the exciting and growing field of tennis management with Manhattanville's new USTA Accredited Professional Tennis Management (PTM) Certificate Program - the only PTM certificate program in the Northeast!
Located in a tennis-rich area, the PTM program will prepare students to enter the tennis management field while providing ample opportunities to make valuable industry contacts right at Manhattanville's doorstep. Our program works directly with the USTA, America’s national governing tennis body and the organizer/sponsor of the US Open Tennis Championships at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in nearby Flushing Meadows, Queens.
Utilizing brand-new campus tennis courts and curriculum developed by the Sport Studies Program, the program will cover all facets of careers within tennis. It provides classes run by tennis industry experts who provide practical, real world experience. The PTM student will have an opportunity to explore not only tennis teaching qualifications, but also certifications for officiating and stringing.
- Orientation to Professional Tennis Management, 3 Credits (suggested timeline first/sophomore year)
- Beginning Teaching Techniques, 3 Credits (suggested timeline, first/sophomore year)
- Marketing and Administration for Professional Tennis Managers, 3 Credits (suggested timeline, junior year)
- Advanced Teaching Techniques, 3 Credits (suggested timeline, Junior year)
- Senior Evaluation, 3 credits
Job placement opportunities, including internships and post-graduation employment, are plentiful in the area and beyond. For more information, please contact PTM Director David Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Arts and Sciences