Fast Facts and Figures
Manhattanville at a Glance
Manhattanville College has been fulfilling a mission to educate ethical and socially responsible leaders since 1841, supporting each student’s development from pre-college programs to lifelong career connections. Here is Manhattanville by the numbers:
Vibrant Private Education in Westchester County, New York
Our institution was founded in 1841 in Manhattan before relocating in 1952 to the rolling green space of our current Purchase, New York, campus. The land Manhattanville was built on is the former estate of Whitelaw Reid, publisher of the New York Herald Tribune and Ambassador to England.
Diverse Student Body
- 44% students of color
- 28% Hispanic/Latino students
- 20+ states and territories represented
- 30+ countries represented
#1 for Social Mobility
For three years in a row (2022, 2023, 2024), Manhattanville is ranked the top performer among private, non-profit colleges in New York for Social Mobility by U.S. News and World Report, Regional Universities North category.Read the Article
Developing Leaders in a Global Community
Popular Academic Programs
Our bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs and advanced certificates train students to confront the challenges of the world around us. Some of our most popular programs include:
- Sport Studies
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- 4+1 Accelerated Dual Degree Programs
- Online Programs
All undergraduate students complete a minimum of one internship, experiential learning component, or clinical experience prior to degree completion. Westchester County is located near the New York City metropolitan area, providing ready access to desirable internships and experiences at top companies and healthcare and educational institutions.
Learn how the Center for Career Development team helps students pursue real-world learning.
Alumni who Excel
Among a network of 30,000+ alums, our graduates lead companies on the cutting edge of business trends, improve patient care at top healthcare facilities, passionately educate the next generation, and further their own education with advanced degrees.
To a Valiant Heart, Nothing is Impossible!”
We Are Valiants!Opportunities for Everyone
With 65% of first year students living on campus and 35% of students commuting, Manhattanville strives to support all our students with excursions throughout the NYC metropolitan area and a host of guest lecturers, performances, and special events.
With a focus on service learning, our students are encouraged to make a difference in the community—both on campus and off.
- 1,000 of students give their time to service projects through our Clark Center.
- 30,000+ Hours of community service completed annually.
Manhattanville has a long history of success in athletics, boasting 23 NCAA Division III teams, many of which have received honors on the national stage. We take great pride in supporting our student athletes and cheering them on at our state-of-the-art facilities adds a rich layer to campus life.
- 49 NCAA Tournament Appearances
- 69 Conference Tournament Championships
- 49 All-American Selections
- 12 COSIDA Academic All-Americans
- 60 Conference Players of the Year
- 58 Conference Regular Season Championships
- 134 All-Region Honorees
Additional Rankings and Recognition
The Student Experience
- 100 acres surrounding historical Reid Castle
- Multiple dining options: Benziger Hall, The Market, and Starbucks
- 13 Athletic Spaces for student use, including Kennedy Gym, GoValiants field, tennis courts, and workout rooms
- 15 top-of-line science and nursing labs stocked with smart technology and standards outlined in the Americans with Disabiliites Act (ADA
- Fabrication Lab at our Center for Design Thinking
- Castle Scholars Honors Program
- Beta Beta Beta (Tribeta) – Biology
- Kappa Delta Pi – Education
- Lambda Pi Eta –Communication
- Phi Sigma Tau – Philosophy
- Pre-Law Honor Society
- Psi Chi – Psychology
- Chi Alpha Sigma – Sport Studies/Athletics
- The National Society of Leadership and Success
Clubs and Organizations
Dozens of student special interest clubs and organizations provide community and recreation at Manhattanville. Some popular clubs include:
- Student Government Association
- Radio Club WMVL
- Women's Empowerment Club
- Philosophy Club
- LASO (Latino American Student Association)
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)