Sun setting on the quad at Manhattanville

Living on Campus

Welcome to Residence Life at Mville!

The Office of Residence Life is excited to welcome you to our community. Residence Life at Manhattanville University is an integral part of the educational program and academic support services of the institution. Far more than simply housing and roommate requests — we strive to create a dynamic living environment in which all students are comfortable and able to fully develop as individuals. 

Important Housing Dates Housing License Agreement Student Handbook Incident Reporting Form  


Apply for Housing

students make smores at night

Apply for Housing, View Assignments, Change Meal Plan and More

MyHousing Portal

Meal Plan and Housing Fees


female student in car on moving day thumbs up

See the New Student Housing section on the Applying for Housing page.



Students playog volleyball

See the Returning Student section on the Applying for Housing page.
Students Sitting Outside Next To A Tree

Taking class at Mville this summer? Come live with us!

Manhattanville Housing

Spellman Hall entrance

Spellman Hall

Spellman Hall is predominantly the first-year residence hall at Manhattanville. It offers a great interactive community as well as numerous programs and educational opportunities to its more than 400 residents. Spellman Hall offers students single, double, and premium single style living arrangements. Spellman is also where you can find the Student Health Center, The Dean of Students Office, Office of Residence Life, Campus Safety, The Clark Center, and The Office of International Student Services. Gender Inclusive Housing is available upon request.
Founders' Hall

Founder's Hall

Founder's Hall is an upperclass students building offering over 400 students single and double style living arrangements that share a bathroom space with the room next door. Founder's Hall is also where students will find the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. Gender Inclusive Housing is available upon request.
Dammann and Tenney Hall

Dammann and Tenney Hall

Dammann and Tenney Halls are suite style living facilities for upperclass students. Each building offers 205 students a chance to live with three to five friends who will share a bathroom and common area — each suite in Damman offering two double and two single rooms or two premium singles and two regular singles. In Tenney we offer Senior and Graduate Housing for those over the age of 21, where you have the choice of 2 premium singles and 2 singles. In Tenney, you will also find the Office for Inclusion. Gender Inclusive Housing is available upon request.

Additional Housing Information

For current rates, please visit our Meal Plan and Housing page.

Housing Cancellations

All Housing Cancellation Requests must be submitted at

Housing Cancellations prior to move-in must be submitted by:

  • June 15th - for the Fall Semester, for all students who plan to live on campus during the Fall semester
  • December 1st - for the Spring Semester, for individuals who become residential students for the first time during the Spring semester.
  • 7 Days before Date of Occupancy – for Summer Sessions, for individuals who plan to live on campus for any period of time during the summer.

Your Housing Deposit will be forfeited as a result of a housing cancellation and a $500 Cancellation fee will be applied to the student's billing account.

Housing Cancellations after Move-In
The Housing Agreement is binding for the entire academic year, which means you are financially responsible even if you choose to not occupy the space. However, you may be released from the agreement for reasons such as:

  • No longer enrolled at the College
  • Medical withdrawal
  • Academic Leave
  • Study Abroad

You may request to cancel the housing agreement if you wish to cancel for some other reason than those listed above. Housing Cancellation Requests are only granted for new and extenuating circumstances that did not exist at the time your housing agreement was submitted. Difficult roommate situations and/or wishing to commute are not circumstances that would be approved.

All Housing Cancellation Requests must include a narrative explaining the reason for requesting a cancellation as well as documentation that supports the new and extenuating circumstance that requires you to cancel your housing.

Students must vacate their residence hall by the date determined by Residence Life. Any potential refund will be determined by the date a student completes their check-out process. 

Cancellation Fees and Refund Amounts

Cancellation Fee


Housing Cancellation

Refunded Amount

Before first day of classes

100% refund

First two weeks of the semester

80% refund

Third week of the semester


Fourth week of the semester


Fifth week of the semester

20% refund

After the Fifth Week of Classes

No room rent will be refunded


Please contact the Office of Residence Life for more information.


Room Concerns
What do I do if something breaks in my room/bathroom/suite or my lights go out?
Just use this simple Maintenance Service Request Form. Please keep in mind that Maintenance is not responsible for broken furniture and/or new furniture requests. For those issues, contact your building's Resident Coordinator, or your Resident Advisor.
The internet connection in my room isn't working. How should I get this fixed?
What do I do if I lose my room/suite keys?
Lost keys must be reported to the Resident Coordinator of your building or Residence Life immediately. The Resident Coordinator will order a lock-change and provide new keys for the student within 24 business hours. If your keys are attached to identification, you should also file a report with the Campus Safety office. Students will be charged $75 per lock for a lock change.
What do I do if I am not getting along with my roommate?
Adjusting to campus life may be difficult for some people, but if you learn to communicate on issues that cause disagreements, you may have an easier adjustment.
  • The first thing to do is to try talking to your roommate about your issues.
  • If that is unsuccessful, contact your Resident Advisor (RA) so that they may mediate any discussions or issues between you and your roommate.
  • If all else fails, make an appointment with your Resident Coordinator to discuss other options.


How do I register overnight guests?

According to Student Handbook/Code of Conduct, a visitor is defined as non-Manhattanville person or a commuter student of Manhattanville University who is visiting a student in one of the residence hall. All visitors to the residence halls that stay for more than 6 hours must be registered. To register a visitor, the visitor must complete the steps below if they are a commuter or a non-Manhattanville person AND must receive a visitor pass from Campus Safety. These steps should be completed before a visitor enters the residence hall. All visitors must be over 18 years of age and have a valid government issued ID.

A visitor only needs to complete the online process one time, as the information is kept on file. Visitors must receive a new visitor pass each time they visit a residence hall.


This process listed below must be completed before a visitor can be issued a visitor pass.

Types of Visitor Passes

Day Pass
Any visitor staying in a residence hall for more than 6 hours

Overnight Pass
Any visitor arriving after 5pm


If Visitor is not a Manhattanville Student

  • Visit
  • Complete all necessary information and upload picture
    • For Emergency Contact, visitor must use someone else other than the Host Student
  • Visitor should register before arriving to campus
  • Visitor will receive an email confirmation once they have registered. They must follow the instructions in the email.
  • Visitor and Host Student can proceed to Campus Safety for a Visitor Pass. Visitor will need an valid form of ID.
  • Visitors only need to complete this process one time, but must receive a Visitor Pass from Campus Safety each time they visit campus.
Room Selection
How do I pick my room for the following academic year?
We have a "Room Selection" process that takes place at the end of each spring semester for the following academic year. Information on the Room Selection Process is sent out to the students during the spring semester.
Housing Accommodations
What if I have a disability and I require a housing accommodation?

Students applying for a Residential Housing Accommodation must use the Accommodations tab on the Student Health Portal. These accommodations will be reviewed by the Center for Student Accessibility and then shared with Residential Life.

I have allergies and I need an air conditioner. Do I have to provide a doctor's note?
Requests for the use of an air conditioner should be made using the Accommodations tab on the Student Health Portal. These accommodations will be reviewed by the Center for Student Accessibility and then shared with Residential Life. If approval is granted, students are responsible for installing the air conditioner, as well as contacting the Physical Plant at 914.323.5415 to set up an appointment for the finalized installation to be inspected. Please note: air conditioners need to be 6,000 BTU or less and students are expected to resubmit an updated accommodation for each academic year.
Resident Advisors
When does the Resident Advisor go on duty in my building?
At 7:30 PM the Resident Advisor goes on duty and is available to help you until 9 AM the following morning. On the weekends, the Resident Advisor is on duty from 10 AM to 10 AM. During the weekdays, 9 AM to 5 PM, you may contact the Office of Student Life with any concerns.
How do I become a Resident Advisor (RA)?
The Office of Residence Life holds Resident Advisor Selection each spring semester. If you are interested in participating, all you need to do is look for postings announcing Resident Advisor Selection or ask your Resident Advisor to contact you during selection time. Be advised that you will need to live on campus for at least one semester before you can apply, and that the minimum GPA requirement for Resident Advisor's is 2.5.
Mail Information
What is my mailing address on campus?

Your mailing address would be:
Your Full Name
Manhattanville University
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase, NY 10577


How do I get my mail?
There is a full service Post Office located on the Ground Floor of Benziger Hall (behind the Bookstore). There you will find all student mailboxes. If you need to get a mailbox you should see one of the mail clerks.



  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Cleaning supplies (including disinfectant wipes/spray)
  • Alarm clock
  • Blankets, sheets, comforter, pillows, etc. Mattresses are size Twin Extra Long or Twin XL 
    Order linens here
  • Towels and washcloths 
  • Personal toiletries
  • Laundry bag/basket, laundry detergent, fabric softener 
  • Iron/Ironing board
  • Hangers
  • Surge protected power strips (Must have an automatic shut off switch).
  • Curtains 
  • Waste basket
  • Desk lamp
    *Halogen lamps are not permitted
  • Computer, Printer (WiFi is available)
  • School supplies
  • Shower caddy
  • Drinking glasses/Plates/Flatware
  • Refrigerator Energy Star compliant
    *No larger than 3.1 cubic feet
  • You can rent a Microchill Unit
    *Order by August 1st and it will be placed in your room before you arrive.
  • Air Conditioner unit needs approval (medical accommodation required) - up to 6,000 BTU and no larger. You are responsible for installing your own unit. Please contact the Office of Accommodations to receive the proper approval.
  • First aid kit and OTC remedies
  • Shower curtains and hooks (Upperclass students residing in Dammann, Tenney, and Founder's Halls)
  • Fan (Rooms can be warm in early fall and late spring)

The following items are considered fire/electrical hazards and are prohibited in the residence halls. If you have any of these items in your room will, you will be subject to disciplinary sanctions as per the Manhattanville University Student Handbook/Code of Conduct. 

  • Multiple Plug Adapters and Extension Cords
    *When additional electrical outlets are needed, residents must use (UL) approved power strips with built-in circuit breakers. Power strips that are chained together will also be confiscated.
  • Connected strands of string lights
    *One single strand of string lights is permitted as long as the lights are UL approved, used in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, not touching fire safety equipment, and the lights are not plugged into an extension cord.
  • Candles
    *Including candles that have not been burned, without a wick or decorative, and liquid potpourri
  • Incense
    *Including unburned incense
  • Heaters without a safety shut off: Residents may use heaters with a safety shut off, once the heater is approved with a residence life staff member. Approval must be granted each academic year.
  • Heating devices: including electric blankets, heating pads.
  • Cooking appliances of any kind
    *This includes hot plates, rice cookers, electric skillets, crockpots Toasters/Toaster ovens, indoor grills, air fryers, hot pots etc.
  • Combustible substances
    *Lighter fluid, charcoal, sterno burners, propane, gasoline etc.
  • Halogen and lava lamps
  • Outdoor grills and camp stoves
  • Hookahs
  • Window Bird Feeder
  • Liquid potpourri

Manhattanville University Residence Hall Bedding & Decor Program

Manhattanville University makes shopping for your room fun and easy! To help you avoid over packing (and overspending!), we’ve arranged a convenient solution where you can get comfortable and stylish bedding, decor, storage and organization essentials, and so much more—all in one place, and at prices you’ll love. The best part: This bedding is Twin XL, which means it will fit both standard Twin and Twin XL beds. (Standard Twin bedding won’t fit Twin XL beds, just FYI.) This program simplifies the shopping experience for college students by creating exclusive and high-quality products specifically designed for our specially sized beds and rooms. Their expansive assortment of styles has something for everyone; ensuring a fantastic room for all. Shop the links below for bedding, pillows, storage solutions, room decor and more. Shop now and feel confident about move-in day!

Best of all, every Residence Hall Bedding & Décor product available through Dormify is guaranteed to fit and guaranteed to last from move-in all the way to graduation.

Guarantee Your First Choice Today!




"Dormify's bedding is great and worth the investment, especially if you want a certain “look” for your dorm room. We had a college student try this dorm room ... Dormify allows college students to curate their ideal dorm room aesthetic.- USA Today

"All set for life in the dorm! Dormify offers a variety of awesome sets that are great for any college student and are guaranteed for graduation." - S Maine (2023), first-year student

"I am absolutely in love with my new products from @Dormify. This bedroom and bathroom kit will be so useful on move in day! If you are soon moving into a dorm @Dormify is the best place for you. Everything they have is so cute!! Thank you #Dormify" - C Perez de Arminan (2024) second year student


Summer Housing Opportunities are offered to registered and enrolled Manhattanville University Students. You can apply for Summer Housing through your housing portal starting March 1st. If you are a summer intern or taking classes at another institution, there are still housing opportunities. For more information regarding internship housing contact Shaun Herrmann  

female student decorating dorm


two female students sitting on lawn





Heashot of Dean of Students, Susan Boyd
Dean of Students
Headshot of Kaitlyn Reid-Saunders
Associate Director for Student Life
Spellman Hall entrance with large hedges in front
Director of Residence Life
Headshot of Kelvin Roberts
Spellman Hall Resident Coordinator 
Founder's Hall entrance
Founder's Hall Resident Coordinator
Dammann and Tenney Hall
Dammann and Tenney Hall Resident Coordinator

Contact Us