Full-Time Faculty Positions
Full-Time Faculty Positions
Thank you for your interest in our open Staff Positions. Manhattanville College is an equal opportunity employer. Please direct all applications and inquiries to:
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Manhattanville College is seeking a full time Academic Writing Lecturer to teach courses in the First-Year Program. This is a non-tenure track position for the 2023-24 academic year, with the possibility of renewal. Successful candidates must demonstrate a commitment to teaching, strong communication skills, and an ability to work with students at various levels of writing proficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach a 4/3 course load. The teaching load will primarily include College Writing I and II, and may also include First-Year Seminar and upper level composition courses.
- Develop syllabi and assess student work.
- Tutor four hours per week in the Writing Center.
- Attend all Program and Division meetings.
- Collaborate with faculty in the First-Year Program.
- Consult with Library staff regarding First-Year Writing and upper-level composition courses.
- Assist with development and implementation of curricular and program goals.
- Terminal degree in English, Writing, or a closely related field
- 2 or more years of experience teaching writing at the college level, preferably to students from a range of educational backgrounds.
- Experience working in a writing program and/or writing center is preferred.
Anticipated Start Date: July 2023
Salary range: $56,000-$62,000
Manhattanville offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- There are monthly employee contributions to these plans (amounts vary depending upon which option is chosen).
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (with election of the high deductible health plan)
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability
- This is fully paid for by the college. Supplemental Life Insurance is also available with an additional cost.
- Employer paid confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Plan through TIAA-CREF
- College contributes 3.5% of your salary when you contribute 2.5%.
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please share particularly relevant experience you may have, as well as your past experiences and/or future goals working in the DEI arena.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Promoting the health and safety of all of Manhattanville’s students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance. To that end, the College will be requiring that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. Applications may be made for accommodations based on medical disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Manhattanville College Human Resources
Vice President for Compliance and Legal Counsel
Chapel Corridor 206
Chapel Corridor 207