Full-Time Faculty Positions
Full-Time Faculty Positions
Thank you for your interest in our open Staff Positions. Manhattanville College is an equal opportunity employer. Please direct all applications and inquiries to:
Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities, leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach, progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community that is welcoming to all people.
Description: To provide ongoing curriculum development, implementation and evaluation of classroom and clinical instruction, participation in student advising, and registration. Full and active participation in the Nursing and College committees to assist in the continued evolution of the Nursing Program is an integral part of the position. Medical/Surgical Nursing expertise required. Candidates will be considered with other specialty experience.
Reports to: Dean
- Faculty members are expected to demonstrate the highest level of professional integrity at all times and demonstrate a commitment to professional nursing.
- Faculty members are expected to have an active presence on campus, be available for counseling and advising students, and participate in the activities that promote interaction between student and the academic environment.
- Faculty members must meet the assigned course load and contact hours assigned each semester/year. They are expected to be on campus at least three full days per week.
- Attendance at faculty meetings, college and departmental functions, and informational sessions is mandatory.
- Punctuality and attendance is mandatory to meet all assigned teaching commitments. It is a faculty member’s obligation and responsibility to make up any classes/clinical missed.
- Faculty members are required to have posted office hours when they can be available for all students if need be. The minimum hours should be at least three hours per week. They should be available for appointments outside their office hours if necessary. Faculty member is responsible for informing their students of mid-term and end-term progress in advisement meetings and academic advisement.
- Faculty members acting as Course Chairs for courses that have a clinical and laboratory component are responsible for the management of that course. They are responsible for the planning of the curriculum, development of the syllabus, distribution of the syllabus to all clinical instructors, the development of tests, scheduling of class and clinical sessions, correspondence with the clinical instructors, and correspondence with the clinical facilities in their courses.
- Clinical instruction in facility.
- Faculty members are responsible for participating in College and School committees, including but not limited to, the preparation, writing, and editing of accreditation reports and self study reports to the Accrediting Bodies and the State.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with a Doctorate in progress
- The candidate should be self-directed and organized
- This position requires hearing and visual acuity as well as manual dexterity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and electronic medical records.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required include knowledge of current clinical practice and evidence-based nursing, knowledge of basic principles of education, skill in communicating with students and other faculty members, skill in manipulating equipment, ability to plan and organize lab sessions for students in various nursing courses, and experience using technology in education.
- Variable schedule
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
- PhD or EdD in Nursing or a Related field with scholarly contributions (required for tenure track consideration)
- Must hold an unencumbered NY State Professional RN license
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer or Health Provider
- Immunizations as required by clinical affiliates
- Prior college teaching preferred
Physical demands: The following physical abilities are required:
• Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
• Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
• Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
• Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
• Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Anticipated Start Date:
The annual salary range for this position is $76,000-$82,000.
Manhattanville College also offers a highly competitive and comprehensive benefits package, including tuition remission. For more information regarding benefits, please visit our benefits page: Manhattanville Benefits
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity, and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.