Institute for Risk Management
Institute for Risk Managment Program Overview
Managing Risk for organizational growth and sustainability. You can't afford not to.
Enterprise risk management and innovation go hand in hand. Launching innovations and pursuing opportunities require risk taking while sustainability requires that risks be managed. Executives, leaders and managers—from organizations large and small, non-profit and for-profit— need to know which risks are worth taking. For a venture capital firm, the risks of new investments drive growth; for a technology firm, taking risks supports new products. Unconsidered risks can incapacitate any organization.
Scan the headlines: attacks on a firm’s website, hacked credit card files, a major supplier unexpectedly closing shop, tampered products,
regulatory noncompliance and hurricanes are commonplace. How organizations plan for
and respond to anticipated and unforeseen risks drives their growth and sustainability.
Enterprise risk management enables firms to anticipate, assess, manage and respond to their risks, and it empowers them to stay on-focus with their core missions. The Institute for Managing Risk (IMR) provides individuals and the organizations they work for with the critical tools for identifying, confronting, monitoring and then reassessing risk. IMR unites practitioners, college faculty and international standards to provide the most up-to-date strategies for enterprise risk management.
- Professional Certificate in Managing Risk
- Executive Certificate in Managing Risk
- Industry leader roundtables and panels
- Custom programs for specialized audiences
- Risk Management networking events
- Chief Risk Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Corporate Secretaries and Legal Counsel
- Enterprise Risk Managers
- Those responsible for financial and credit risk, technology risk and cybersecurity, operational risk, human resources, health and safety, emergency preparedness, resilience and compliance as well as reputational and other risks
- Grounded in international standards (ISO 31000 and COSO) and best practices
- Adaptable for the specific needs of each firm, each industry and specialized business lines within each organization
- Research-based and taught by faculty who are leading business professionals
- Integrative; supporting risk management practices throughout an organization
Students benefit from powerful career networks and learn from leading professionals with industry-driven content, offered in convenient formats. Surrounded by Westchester’s Fortune 100/500 companies, we support professional advancement through Masters degrees, accelerated Bachelors degrees, BS/MS dual degrees and Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health courses. The Institute for Managing Risk delivers global best practices, our Women’s Leadership Institute promotes the professional development needs of women and Corporate Learning Services offers resources for organizations to best develop their employees.
For general information, please contact:
Michele Braun, Directormichele.email@example.com